Monday, August 25, 2008

Denver at Last


There isn't a rental car I haven't stood on. This one in Portland, ME late last week.

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks, now moving into the homestretch -- ending up in the Twin Cities next week.

Election season gives me a chance to polish up on my campaign PR photography and for the last several weeks I have hopped all around the nation on and off two buses campaigning for business, both of which end up at the political conventions where I will have a role documenting the work of corporate America and their participation in the political election process. Georgia, Alabama, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, DC and Maine.

I have always enjoyed the experience at being witness to the process in the United States of electing representatives to office no matter how insane or unfair it often seems. It's a crapshoot, a drawn out job interview with the American people and a test at self marketing. And it's a ton of fun because the folks you are working with and campaigning in and around -- whether for or against -- are really passionate. Although not as close as some, I am grateful to be as close to the action as I am and to witness another page in the history books.