Monday, November 24, 2008

Foto Week DC

I was grateful to the Washington, DC, arts community last night for the honor of being named among other professionals during a celebration and photo competition finale at an event at the National Geographic Society.

I received an honorable mention for an image I shot in Wells, ME, in the wedding category. My work along with 70 other finalists and students in several categories were featured in several venues from more than 5000 entries. Congrats to all for a job well done.

See the Channel 9 Feature.

Visit FotoWeekDC.

The evening capped a week of festivities all over town that was very well organized and publicized. From a top-notch exhibit in Georgetown to projected images on buildings all over town, the community rallied with the support of many photo-related busineses and associations. It seems the week was a success overall and I look forward to participating in next year's event.

iw

No comments: